In an effort to display to you how easy it is to put together a very simple vegan meal, I am going to show you step -by- step how to put together all of the components. In this post I am going to go over how to prepare greens.
While we are working with Collard Greens today, you can use this outline to make Kale, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Bok Choy, Swiss Chard, Celery, Spinach, Asparagus, Mustard Greens or Brussels Sprouts. The only difference would be the estimated cooking time.
1 head of Collard Greens (or other greens)
1 Sweet Onion
4 Cloves of Garlic
Choice of Fat: Olive Oil, Clarified Butter, Coconut Oil
1. Take 1/2 of a sweet onion and peel off skin. Chop into small pieces.
2. Take 4 cloves of garlic and peel off skin. Chop into small pieces.
3. Put 1 tablespoon of chosen fat and place in a medium size saute pan. Turn heat onto medium. Add chopped garlic and onion to pan. Let it saute for 5- 10 minutes.
4. Spray collard greens with Polar Mins Spray or vegetable cleaner. Leave on for 30 seconds and rinse. Take collard greens and cut off stems. Roll collard greens up and chop into small pieces.
5. Put chopped collard greens into saute pan. Stir. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
6. Let the collard greens cook for about 20 minutes or until tender.
7. Put Collard Greens mix into a bowl and add Pink Salt, Nutritional Flakes, Nama Shoyu and Brown Rice vinegar to taste. Feel free to add to a cooked grain or bean.
8. Stir and Enjoy!