Now that you are all so excited to start cleaning out your livers and gallbladders, let’s get down to the nitty gritty on how to actually put this in motion. Welcome to the liver/gallbladder flush directions.
If you are here and ready to get started, then you have already done the following: a kidney cleanse and the easy intestinal cleanse. If you are choosing to bypass those two steps than you 1) have already done cleansing previously 2) you have been living under a rock and have lived an absolutely pure and pristine life or 3) are absolutely crazy and want to spend a night throwing up olive oil with terrible nausea and cramps.
Now… that was not to scare you away. Remember, I must ALWAYS err on the side of caution. This is because I do not know your health and medical history and therefore, I need to play the safe card here.
Preparing for a Liver/Gallbladder Flush
Preparing for a flush is just as important as the flush itself because it is going to set you up for actually seeing results. This phase is to help soften the stones in the liver and gallbladder while dilating the neck so that they will be ready to be released.
The following are the nutrients that you will need to take for anywhere between 1 to 3 months prior to your flush time. If you are dealing with more complicated health issues please prepare for the full 3 months, this is vital to the success and ease of the flush.
1. BiliVen: This formula are designed to dilate the neck of the gallbladder to allow the bile to flow more freely. It will also aid in the breaking down of any present gallstones which is essential to a successful flush. The more you can break down the stones, the easier they can be flushed from the body, and the more stones that can be eliminated.
* This product used to be called Gallbladder Complex.
Dosages for BiliVen
(100-160 lbs) 6 daily: 2 per meal
(160-200 lbs) 12 daily: 4 per meal
(200 lbs +) 18 daily: 6 per meal
2. P5P Activated B6: B6 is going to be used to help increase the flow of bile. By increasing the flow of bile, the easier it is to pass stones, to clear toxins from the liver, and to more effectively digest food. This form of activated B6 works in harmony with BiliVen. The Biliven dilates the neck of the gallbladder while B6 increases the flow of the bile. The more dilated the neck of the gallbladder, the easier bile can flow. Therefore, these products work best together.
3. LVR Formula or Liver ND: These formulas are essential for strengthening the liver and aiding it its ability to function properly. These formulas help the liver to detoxify toxins, while rebuilding damaged tissue. They are also effective at preparing the liver for the flush, aiding in the proper release of any stones present.
* LVR Formula is a capsule and Liver ND is a liquid. Feel free to choose which one is best for you.
Dosages for LVR Formula
2 daily: in divided doses, take in between meals
Dosages for Liver ND
Place dose in 16 oz of water and sip throughout the day. You may add organic juice concentrate to enhance the taste.
(100-160 lbs) 1 tsp daily
(160-200 lbs) 2 tsp daily
(200 lbs +) 3 tsp daily
4. Coffee Enemas: Essential for moving stagnant bile, stimulating detoxification and clearing toxins from the lower bowels. You will need one enema bucket and a bag of organic coffee. The coffee must be organic. We do not want to put any pesticides or chemicals into the body via the enema.
Frequency: Do 1-2 Coffee Enemas a week. Please go here for further instructions and directions.
Liver and Gallbladder Flush Directions
This is a 6 day cleanse with 5 days of preparation and 1 day of flushing. You will need the following items (some you will have from your preparation program listed above):
- Six 1 liter (32 oz.) containers of unfiltered apple juice (fresh squeezed is best) or Malic Acid (1 bottle)
- 4 tablespoons of Epsom salts (any kind will do)
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) of Organic Virgin Cold-Pressed Olive Oil (must be in a dark bottle to ensure it is not rancid)
- 6 oz. of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice or 1-2 grapefruits
- 1-2 lemons
- 1 Mason Jar w Lid (to hold juice and olive oil)
- 1 Enema Bucket
- Organic Coffee
- 1 bottle of Castor Oil
- 1 package of organic cotton flannel
- BiliVen (1 bottle)
- 1 bottle P5P Activated B6
- Liver ND (1 8oz. bottle) OR LVR Formula (1 bottle)
*more bottles are needed if you are preparing beyond 1 week prior
Notes: It is best to plan the main and final part of the liver cleanse for over a weekend. I like to do the flush drink Friday night and have Saturday for flushing stones. This way you can go to work Friday and have all Saturday to recover.
Instructions for Days 1-5
1. Everyday consume either 24 oz. of fresh organic apple juice OR 2 tsp of Malic Acid. Place 1 tsp of malic acid in 4 oz. of water and drink down twice daily. You may add juice concentrate or fresh pressed juice to offset the sour taste. The malic acid in the apple juice softens gallstones. Please use Malic Acid if you have blood sugar issues, candida, cancer or stomach ulcers.
2. BiliVen– Take 12 capsules daily, 4 with each meal.
3. P5P Activated B6: 1 capsule daily. This can be consumed at mealtime.
4. LVR Formula or Liver ND – Take 2 capsules daily between meals OR take 2 tsp of Liver ND in water.
4. Dietary Recommendations: During this time avoid eating animal-protein rich foods, dairy products, sugar, alcohol and cold drinks (they chill the liver-reducing effectiveness of cleanse). No fried foods, fast-foods or processed foods.
Instructions for Day 5
1. Enema: Take a coffee enema (I prefer in the morning after your first bowel movement). This is very important to clear your colon otherwise stones may not pass the following day when you do the flush.
2. Diet: Continue to eat your regular meals, except eliminate all flesh foods (red meat, poultry, fish etc.), and eliminate all oils and fats. For example, eliminate cheese, olive oil, oily salad dressings etc. I usually do a shake in the morning, salad with a vinegar dressing and a grain, bean and a steamed vegetable dish for dinner.
3. Supplements: Continue taking your supplement regime today as well as your Malic Acid or 24 oz. of Apple Juice.
4. Castor Oil Pack: At night do a Castor Oil Pack over your Liver and Gallbladder. Right below the breast bone on the right side. Go here for complete instructions.
Instructions for Day 6
1. Enema: Start the day with a coffee enema.
2. Breakfast: Have a light breakfast that contains no processed foods, fats or meat. Examples: plain oatmeal with cinnamon and fruit, fruit smoothie, vegetable juice, hot tea or superfood smoothie. No eggs, pastries, cold cereal, milk, yogurt, butter, nuts or sweeteners. I would avoid coffee.
* If you want, you can skip breakfast and drink only juice throughout the day. This can improve the results of the flush in some cases.
3. Fast: Do not eat any other foods or drinks after breakfast except for organic peeled apples, water and apple juice. Around 3 pm stop eating apples.
* for best results only drink apple juice and water after breakfast, no apples.
4. Beverages: Drink plenty of room temperature water throughout the day. You may also drink any type of fresh-pressed juice (NO bottled juice), hot herbal tea or homemade vegetable broth. No coffee, soda, caffeinated tea (green, black, white, oolong), or alcohol.
5. Supplements: Do not take any supplements.
6. Malic Acid: Continue to take 2 tsp of Malic Acid in the morning.
- On this fast day, you will notice that you might have a slight headache. This is normal, just take it easy, relax and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
At 5 pm make your Epsom Salt solution: Mix 4 tbs of Epsom Salts and 24 oz. of filtered water, divide into 4 servings. Add 1 to 2 tsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Epsom Salts are used to help loosen the bowels and clear stagnant waste by initiating bowel movements. It helps dilate the bile ducts and prepares you for the olive oil and grapefruit juice mixture
6 pm: Drink one serving of the Epsom Salt mixture. I like to drink it with a straw to neutralize taste.
8 pm: Drink second serving of the Epsom Salt mixture.
9:45 pm: Prepare your Castor Oil Pack and place by the bedside with a heating pad turned on. Place a large towel on the bed to prevent any oil from touching the sheets during the night. Prepare yourself for bed by having a final elimination, setting a book by the bed etc. because after the drink at 10 pm, you will not be able to get up again.
10 pm: Mix 4 oz. of Olive Oil with 4 oz. of Grapefruit juice in a mason jar. Next, stand by your bed, shake the mixture and drink quickly. Apply the castor oil pack over the liver/gallbladder area and immediately lay down on your right side (you will be sleeping with the castor oil pack). You may not move for at least 2 hours. I usually watch a movie during this time, or you may just go straight to bed. * You will not be able to eat or drink anything, including water.
- Tips: Shake the olive oil drink vigorously. You want it to be very blended to mask the taste and allow the mixture to go down easily.
- Place a grapefruit, lemon or orange peel by the bed to suck on after you drink the mixture. This will help relieve the taste.
- If you have to have a bowel movement after the drink, hold it to the best of your ability. You do not want to have a bowel movement after the drink, this will reduce the results.
- You may feel nauseous at night or have bad dreams. This happens when your body is releasing toxins. Don’t worry this is normal.
- It is possible, yet very rare, for you to vomit in the night time. Just go with it. You will still see results.
Instructions for Day 7
1. Wake up between 6-7 am. Do not sleep in later. Start the day with the third Epsom Salt drink and have the last one 2 hours later between 8-9 am. You will most likely find yourself in the bathroom at this time. You will begin to eliminate mostly liquid, along with liver and gallstones.
2. Fast: Do not eat anything before 10-11 am. You may only have water, fresh pressed juice, or herbal tea.
3. Enema: Take a Coffee Enema after a few bowel movements and you feel like you have moved a lot of stones and/or liquid. Do not take the enema before the second Epsom Salt drink.
4. Castor Pack and Relax: Please relax in the morning, read a book, watch a movie and take some “me” time. Your body is going through a trying process so please give it time to do its job. I would even suggest doing a castor oil pack over the kidneys to support the elimination process and to reduce any possible headache or backache.
You will continue to eliminate all stones throughout the day, but most likely by the late afternoon. Congratulations!
After 10-11 pm: you may have a light snack such as a piece of toast, oatmeal, fruit, or smoothie. Do not have any animal protein, fats, oils, dairy or processed foods all day. Do not drink any coffee, alcohol or processed drinks. You may only eat light meals such as grains, vegetables, fruits and drink fresh juices, tea and water. I would even suggest this diet for the next two days, giving your body time to heal.
Your body is VERY sensitive right now and you do NOT want to eat anything that will disrupt the flushing process or aggravate the body. Believe me, if you cheat, you will feel terrible. So stick to these guidelines.
Optional: You may do a colonic. This is going to help further eliminate any stagnant waste including gallstones and parasites.
Milk Thistle: this is a great aftermath supplement to help the liver to heal. This is one of my favorite herbs and it is a great addition to the flush. I suggest taking 1-2 capsules daily for 2 weeks.
Congratulations you have survived your first flush!!! The idea is that you continue to do a flush every 6-8 weeks until all of the stones are gone. In the interim, you may choose to stay on the supplements or you can just take them during the week of the flush. I do recommend sticking to 1 coffee enema a week and a weekly castor oil pack over the liver and gallbladder. Now I will note that you should take it easy for the week after your flush. You might feel a little more tired but this is just the healing process. Feel free to go about your normal routine, but stick to a clean diet, stay hydrated and get plenty of rest.