The Kidney Cleanse
Guess what!? I just wrote a book on kidney cleansing! It’s a in-depth book all about cleansing the kidneys, everything from a diet, therapeutic supplements and superfoods, cleansing therapies and information about kidney conditions. It covers everything you could ever want to know about a therapeutic approach to the kidney and revitalizing your health. So for those of you who are serious about cleansing the kidneys and taking back your health, purchase my book The Miracle Kidney Cleanse: The All-Natural, At-Home Flush to Purify Your Body.
If you’re ready to start cleansing and detoxifying, you have come to the right place. This is your first stop on your journey through cleaning up that body of yours and getting it back into tip-top shape!
The kidneys are probably one of the most underappreciated organs in the body, silently controlling and regulating so many of our body’s functions without us even noticing. The irony is that most people could not even name one thing that they do for you, but boy do you feel it when they are not functioning properly. It’s like they are quietly dying for attention, sending us message after message and we just don’t get the point. They are the little darlings… oh so delicate, yet secretly oh so powerful!
The kidneys are the last stop for filtration and detoxification, which make them the first organ to cleanse. If the kidneys are not functioning properly, then any type of detox or cleanse that you do will be rendered less effective, if not even damaging to the body.
Do I Need to Cleanse my Kidneys?
Everyone needs to do a kidney cleanse. It is the most basic, necessary cleanse needed and fortunately its really easy to do. To give you a little idea of what the kidneys control in the body, take a look at the following list. See anything on that list that is important to you?
- Ears- Hearing
- Lymph (aids in the immune system, delivers nutrients, oxygen and hormones, removes fluid, toxins, cancer cells and pathogens)
- Physical Strength
- Loss of Hearing or Ringing in the Ears
- Low sex drive
- Thin Skin
- Weak Nails
- Foggy Head
- Low Back Pain
- Low Energy
- Terrible Balance
- Feelings of Fear
- Poor Physical Development
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Stones
So What does the Cleanse Involve?
The Kidney Cleanse consists of a kidney tea, that when taken every day will help to dissolve congested residuals of salts, minerals, uric acid and proteins from the kidneys. Along with two other formulas, this cleanse will help strengthen and tonify the kidneys and cleanse the blood.
The cleanse is designed to last 30 days. For those who have a history of kidney stones, kidney- related illness, experience chronic swelling and water retention or are dealing with chronic illness, I suggest following the Kidney Cleanse for at least 6 weeks. After the first initial cleanse, I personally recommend repeating the cleanse up to 2 times a year as maintenance.
1. Kidney Tea – The combination of the following herbs when taken as a tea can effectively help to dissolve kidney stones and residual congestion within a period of four to six weeks: Marjoram, Cat’s Claw, Comfrey Root, Fennel Seed, Chicory Herb, Uva Ursi, Hydrangea Root, Gravel Root, Marshmallow Root, and Golden Rod Herb.
2. RenaVen by Premier Research Labs – The herbs and extracts in this formula contain powerful phytonutrients which strengthen, regulate, and enhance kidney function, which is needed to support the kidneys during the cleansing process. This formula will also boost the cleansing action of the tea. Kidney complex is also necessary to mitigate any symptoms of detoxification or kidney stress. Definitely one of my favorite formulas on the market.
3. Protease by Premier Research Labs (Proteolytic Enzyme Therapy)- protease is a enzyme that is used to break down peptide bonds of proteins. When taken on an empty stomach, it acts as a trash collector, traveling around the body, processing unwanted proteins. This is a key factor to the cleanse because it will help to cleanse the blood and body of toxic debris such as dead cells, pathogens, partially digested dietary proteins, infectious materials, and oxidized (damaged) proteins. This therapy will allow the kidneys to process the debris with greater ease and efficiency. Furthermore, proteolytic therapy has shown to reduce inflammation and thin the blood, therefore relieving stress on the kidneys.
Instructions for the Kidney Cleanse
1. Kidney Tea- Make 2 cups of the tea in the morning (instructions for the tea are below) and take it in 2 doses throughout the day away from food. Drink at least 30 minutes before a meal and at least 60 minutes after a meal.
* Feel free to add flavor to the tea (it is bitter) such as; flavored tea, lemon juice, raw honey, coconut sugar or agave.
2. Kidney Complex –
(100-160 lbs) 6 kidney complex daily. 3 with breakfast and 3 with lunch.
(160- 200 lbs) 12 kidney complex daily. 4 with breakfast, 4 with lunch and 4 with dinner.
(200 lbs +) 16 kidney complex daily. 5 with breakfast, 5 with lunch and 6 with dinner.
*Note: if you are dealing with kidney stones and are under 160 lbs please take 12 kidney complex daily.
3. Protease –
(100-160 lbs) 6 daily. 2 capsules in btn. breakfast and lunch, 2 capsules in btn. lunch and dinner, and 2 capsules before bed.
(160-200 lbs) 9 daily. 3 capsules in btn. breakfast and lunch, 3 capsules in btn. lunch and dinner, and 3 capsules before bed.
(200 lbs +) 12 daily. 4 capsules in btn. breakfast and lunch, 4 capsules in btn. lunch and dinner, and 4 capsules before bed.
*Do not take with food- wait at least 45 minutes before meals.
You can buy the kidney cleanse tea here.
Directions for making the tea: In a glass container (not plastic), soak 3 tablespoons of the loose tea in 2 cups of purified water overnight. Do not soak tea in tap water or distilled water. In the morning bring the tea to a low boil for 5 minutes (do not boil on high). Cool and strain. If you forget to soak the tea overnight, boil the tea on low for 15 minutes in the morning. Since some water will boil off, add 3 cups of water instead of 2 cups, and use a lid to prevent the water from evaporating.
Important Note: If you experience discomfort or stiffness in the low back area, do not be alarmed. This indicates that stones are dissolving and mineral crystals are moving through the ureters and urinary tract system. Any strong smell or darkening of the urine also indicates a major release of toxins. It should pass within a few days. Typically, most people experience few or no symptoms. This cleanse is gentle and works gradually over time.
Recommendations for the Kidney Cleanse and Kidney Health
Dehydration is the most common cause of kidney stress and kidney stones. And the reason is because people are not drinking enough water. Imagine that. You are supposed to consume half your weight in ounces of water a day. So if you weigh 160 lbs, you have to drink 80 ounces of water a day. That is about 5 water bottles daily. And here you thought that two glasses of water were going to cut it. Oh ya, when I say water, I am not talking about juice, tea, sport drinks, beer, or any other beverage. In fact, drinks such as tea and coffee actually dehydrate you. Therefore, if you drink 1 cup of coffee you will have to drink 16 oz of water just to replace the liquids lost. Yikes… add that up and you will be drinking all day long.
Staying hydrated is non-negotiable for kidney health. Did I mention that it will also make your skin look excellent?
Unfortunately doing a kidney cleanse is not going to be the end all be all for kidney health. You actually have to do a little tweaking of the diet as well. Hopefully permanently, but at least during the cleanse for best results. The best diet for kidney health is the following:
The Most Important: Avoid red meat, alcohol, table salt, diet foods and drinks, fake sugars and *supplements with synthetic minerals and synthetic vitamin C, ascorbic acid, (you should only get your minerals from supplements made live-source foods and herbs). If you have a kidney stones you will want to avoid foods high in oxalic acid: spinach, beets, collard greens, Swiss chard, rhubarb, parsley, okra, peanut butter, peanuts and chocolate.
Other: Avoid processed foods including any packaged food that contains preservatives, sodium, artificial colors, fake and white sugars.
What to Eat: Beans, vegetables (especially cabbage), whole-grains, fruit, healthy oils and seeds. You can see a shopping list here. It is also excellent to add juicing into your diet specifically of watermelon, lemons, celery and black cherry.
Salt: Processed table salt is very damaging to the kidneys so it is vital to avoid all table salt or salt in processed foods. Conversely, including unprocessed, natural sea salt is vital to kidney health. Unheated Sea Salt actually contains tons of minerals that are needed to properly assist in kidney function. I suggest using 1/2 tsp daily in your water or on your food. This can make a huge difference.
Castor Oil Packs
Castor packs are a wonderful tool to use in many detox regimes- especially the Kidney Cleanse. When the kidneys cannot adequately filter the blood toxins, they travel into the lymphatic system and “congest” the entire body. Using a castor pack over the kidneys promotes lymphatic drainage and helps the body to purge toxins. This will enhance rapid clearance of toxins that will be released from the Kidney Cleanse. See Castor Pack Instructions for more information.