There is no love sincerer than the love of food. ~George Bernard Shaw
When you get something right, you just know it. Welcome to the Bee Pollen Smoothie.
This smoothie is freakin’ awesome, my go-to smoothie for the mornings where I am too busy to throw together anything proper – hence, my busy bee smoothie. Super simple, absolutely delicious, and nutrient-dense, of course. Perfect for a post-workout or even for kids, print this recipe out, through it up on your refrigerator and savor.
THK Bee Pollen Smoothie
1 1/2 c purified water
1 c Blueberries
1 scoop Sunwarrior Vanilla Protein
1 tbs Raw Cacao Powder
1 tsp Bee Pollen
1 tbs Hemp Seeds
* Option: add raw honey
Blend and Drink!
Quick Fun Nutrition Facts of the Bee Pollen Smoothie
1. Antioxidants: Cacao has more antioxidant flavonoids than blueberries, red wine, and black and green teas. Good thing we also have blueberries though 🙂
2. Neurotransmitters: Cacao raises serotonin (creates happiness), stimulates endorphins (think runner’s high), contains phenylethylamine (our LOVE drug), and increases anandamide (our “bliss” chemical)
3. Minerals: Cacao is rich in magnesium which is imperative for normal muscle function (relaxation- prevents twitching, restless leg), heartbeat, blood pressure and bone density. Cacao is also rich in the beauty mineral sulfur. Sulfur builds strong nails and hair, promotes beautiful skin, detoxifies the liver, and supports healthy pancreas functioning.
1. Essential Fatty Acids (Omega 3, Omega 6): Contains the perfect balance between Omega 3 and Omega 6, making it one of the best sources of essential fatty acids. Imperative for brain function, heart health, hormone production and can prevent age-related disease and inflammation.
2. Protein: Hemp seeds contain 10 essential amino acids in nutritionally significant amounts, making it a complete protein. This protein also has a similar cellular structure to a protein manufactured in human blood, making it easily digestible.
3. Minerals: Hemp excels at absorbing minerals from the soil. This makes it a great source of major and trace minerals, which are needed for almost every function in the body. Minerals are so important that it is even said that all diseases and cancers began with a mineral deficiency.
To learn more about fun superfoods to add to your smoothies, check out the THK Superfood Guide