How often is it that time just slips away from you and all of a sudden you are starving, with no healthy food options in site? The very thought of turning on the oven, chopping and dicing vegetables and waiting for the food to cook is more than you can bear, leaving you to weighing out your options of the best of the worst food choices on hand.
This is where this salad comes in. Like a knight on a white horse, this salad always saves the day. It is really easy to assemble, it is super tasty and satisfying, and best of all it is a fabulous cleansing meal, perfect for maintaining your slim and trim figure. No compromising here.
This very salad is one of my favorite recipes born out of the genius known as THE raw chef, Russell James. He is my raw food guru, inspiration and guide for all of my raw food creations. He makes a fabulous Homestudy Course that I would recommend to anyone interested in getting into healthy eating, and especially to those out there looking to delve into the exciting world of Raw Cuisine. His course is extremely easy to follow, and his creations are nothing short of spectacular. Plus he has such a cute British accent, anything he says seems extra fancy and delectable 🙂 * Did I mention he has a whole series on Nut Cheeses?? OMG.
THK Lemon and Avocado Butter Lettuce Salad
2 heads butter lettuce
2 nori sheets
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup baby tomatoes
1 cup cashews, soaked 20 minutes
1/2 cup water
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons nutritional yeast (optional)
– Blend all ingredients together in a high-speed blender.
– Chill until ready to use.
Quick Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup macadamias
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon salt
– Use a Microplane to grate the macadamias into a bowl.
– Add the nutritional yeast and salt, and then mix thoroughly.
Directions for Assembly
– Cut the leaves from the stalk of the butter lettuce.
– Toss in the desired amount of dressing and then rearrange the leaves on the plate so they go from biggest to smallest, as they did when they were part of the original lettuce.
– Cut half of an avocado into a fan and place on the plate just to the side of the butter lettuce.
– Crush a dry nori sheet with your hands and sprinkle the lettuce with it.
– Quarter the baby tomatoes and sprinkle the salad with them, finishing up with a sprinkle of the quick parmesan cheese and the pine nuts.