Breakfast, Food, Raw, Smoothies and Juices, Snacks, Taste, What to Eat

Carrot Sherbet Smoothie

Carrot Sherbet Shake

Eating a carrot a day is “like signing a life insurance policy” –“The Great Food Almanac”

Beautiful to look at, delicious to taste, invigorating to smell and uplifting to feel. This random creation shortly has become one of my weekly indulgences, not because it is bad for me, but because it is just that good. This carrot sherbet smoothie is completely vegan and vitamin A rich, making it the perfect meal for boosting immunity, reproductive health and eyesight.

Packed ridiculously full of the Glowing Skin and Immune Boosting Nutrients, this smoothie is an excellent pre or post workout snack or even a light breakfast. Utilizing both your blender and juicer skills, this is a perfect way to jump start spring!

carrot smoothie

Photo Credit: Gabriel Gurrola

For more healthy living tipsrecipes and inspiration please subscribe to this blog on the top left of the homepage, follow me on Twitter, on Pinterest and  Join the THK health conversation on Facebook!

♥ THK in the Springtime!

• Reply kathleen March 13, 2012 at 4:11 am

Is it reall 24 carrots or 2 to 4 carrots? 24 sure sounds like a lot!

Reply lauren March 13, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Yep! Super Carrot Juice! You can make less if you want a smaller drink, but I usually make it as a mini-meal because it’s just that tasty!

• Reply Cortney March 14, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Bunny rabbit breakfast!

• Reply Anne @ZenandGenki.com March 19, 2012 at 1:49 pm

That looks delicious, Lauren! Thank you so much for sharing!
    PS- love the rest of your site too 🙂

Reply lauren March 19, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Yes it is! Quite addicting actually 🙂

• Reply Leticia September 3, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Hi Lauren! last weekend I took a course on whole eating and superfoods and I found that most of what he said is similar to your take on lifestile and healthy eating. The only thing is on whey protein. I am wondering what is your take on sunwarrior rice protein x whey protein and whay don’t you reccommend the latter. Thank you so much, you are always so helpful.
    Cheers, Leticia.

Reply lauren September 4, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Hi Leticia, I personally do not recommend whey because the majority on the market is made from conventional dairy, not a clean source. Furthermore, they actually heat the whey as well which can damage the protein. Therefore I love the sunwarrior because it is a sprouted brown rice protein.