Killer Kale Smoothie
So being The Holy Kale and all, I realized that I have been quite selfish for not sharing with you all my favorite, and most dear, kale recipes. So to make it up to you, I will do my very best to start posting them as frequently as I can measure them out (I am terrible at cooking with measurements, I am more of a “make it up along the way” kinda girl). Therefore, I am beginning with my new current obsession… The Killer Kale Smoothie!
I tend to always get into some type of food rut, where I am obsessed with a few things and stick to them until I am absolutely, positively over them and I fear this might not be any different than the rest. Although I might say this is a good sign, because I tend to only obsess over things that taste amazing but also give you that long-lasting energy we all so desperately need.
As cheesy as it might be, this drink has been my saving grace during this outrageously crazy time in my life. When you have moved across the country, with all your favorite things in boxes and bags, you realize how important it is to have good food, especially food that does not make you tired and sleepy. Therefore, this smoothie has been at the base of my “getting though the day” survival pack, allowing me to make a big batch in the morning and savoring it throughout the day.
THK Killer Kale Smoothie
1 1/2 c Almond Milk (unsweetened)
1 1/2 heaping tbs. Almond Butter, raw
1 Banana, frozen (frozen is key)
1 bunch Kale (about 2 cups)
Extra Goodness: although not required, so much tastier and healthier with!
1 tbs Hemp Seeds
1 tbs Rice Bran
Blend up in a high speed blender until completely smooth (no chunks or bumps). My VitaMix does the best job!
Sprinkle with Bee Pollen and Hemp Seeds
A little note about Rice Bran. This is not a very common superfood, but has quickly become one of my most favorites. I seriously cannot live without it for a number of reasons. First off it tastes amazing! It has a creamy, vanilla flavor that is perfect for smoothies, desserts and to even eat plain (I have been known to have my head stuck in a jar many late nights). Secondly, Rice Bran is a fabulous superfood because it is a natural source of 100 vital nutrients that we don’t typically get enough of from our diets and can even act as a multi-vitamin.
Here are the Nutrient Highlights:
- Vitamin E (all 7 components)
- B Complex
- Antioxidants: Alpha Lipoic Acid, CoQ 10, Glutathione
- Carotenoids: Lycopene (prostate support), Lutein, Zeaxanthine (eye support)
- Essential Amino Acids
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Phospholipids – needed for cellular membrane production, essential for the brain, nerve and heart
- And More…
Fabulous Health Implications:
- Supports normal glucose levels by balancing blood sugar
- Supplies fuel for the cell, therefore increasing energy and metabolism
- Supports immune, brain, heart and nerve health
- Easily absorbed, so perfect for those with digestive issues
- Can be used to make the perfect baby food but can also aid in athletic performance
- Ideal support for joint, circulation, and cholesterol
- Contains healthy fiber making it a good weight management food
If you would like to try some for your smoothies, go ahead and click this link! You will not be disappointed!
≈ For more healthy living tips, recipes and inspiration please subscribe to this blog on the top left of the homepage, follow me on Twitter, on Pinterest and Join the THK health conversation on Facebook!
To the healthiest, tastiest food we can create!