how to grow spiritually
Just for Fun!, Morning Motivation, Spiritual Growth

Expanding your Spirit Body

This morning I woke up with the inclination to share with you something that has been extremely important to me and my journey. While I mostly focus on health information and nutrition tips, spiritual growth is actually one area that I believe trumps all else. If we are really looking to have the most outrageously healthy and happy life we can, we must look inside ourselves and expand our connection to the universe, and connect with our life’s greater purpose.

We all have different ways in which to expand our spiritual body, and for me, these words have proven to be quite profound. Sometimes we just need to take a step back, stop judging, stop pushing, stop forcing and stop resisting. Once we do that and we accept everything that comes, we open the door to receive exactly what we need at this moment in time.

“Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you have chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your life.” – Eckhardt Tolle

Image by by kuddlyteddybear2004

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives: Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies: Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you: Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight: Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous: Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow: Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough: Give the world your best anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it’s between you and God:

It never was between you and them anyway.

Be blessed,

Mother Theresa

spiritual growth

Photo Credit: Andreas Wagner

• Reply Jaime May 13, 2013 at 7:08 pm

I love this post. It was perfect for Monday 🙂

• Reply Karin Carmack May 13, 2013 at 7:10 pm

I have really enjoyed your blog and found it to be really informative. On a completely different note from the spiritual blog today, do you have an opinion on fermented cod liver oil? Thanks 🙂

Reply lauren May 20, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Hi Karin, from the research that I have done, I don’t believe any of the cod liver oil is high enough quality to use as a source of vitamin D and essential fatty acids. The are all adding synthetic vitamin D and A to the blends and there is too high of a risk of contamination due to the pollution of the oceans. I personally use D3 Serum, DHA and EFA caps from Premier Research Labs. You can then also eat WILD salmon once or twice a week as well.

• Reply Lauren May 15, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Love this! Mindfulness can have a huge impact on mental health AND physical health. Yoga has helped me stay present during the rest of my day and de-stress from everything.

Reply lauren May 20, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Absolutely! I often get caught up in other things and forget how important Yoga has been to my spiritual groundedness.

• Reply Ina May 19, 2013 at 4:37 am

Great post Lauren!
    I love Mother Teresa, she was a true inspiration!!!

• Reply Natalia June 8, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Wonderful post. That Mother Theresa quote is perfect in every way. We focus so much on what others think and how they view us when we should be looking inside ourselves and how we see us.

Reply Lauren aka The Holy Kale July 12, 2014 at 2:45 pm