kidney cleanse book
Just for Fun!, Protocols and Detox, Supplements, The Daily Kale, Toxins

My Book is Here! Miracle Kidney Cleanse

Guess what?! My book The Miracle Kidney Cleanse is finally here!

So if you have been wondering where I have been, why I have not updated my site, and why I have left you without new articles, recipes and health insights for the past months or so, it is not because I stopped loving you all, it is because I have been figuring out how to write a book about cleansing the kidneys without boring you all to death – this was no simple feat!

I have been a busy bee to say the least, but it has been such an amazing journey. Your feedback has been so positive and supportive, that every moment writing (or lack of writing because of writer’s block) and every painstaking hour spent researching and editing, has made it all worth it.

Now before you start thinking that a kidney cleanse is not for you, please go ahead and read further. While this book is about cleansing the kidneys, it is so much more than that because the kidneys are the root of some of your biggest health concerns. So if you care about how your hair and nails look and feel, how strong and healthy your bones are, the strength of your sex drive, and how to feel energized while also calm and focused, think again about buying my book for a good ole’ fashioned kidney cleanse – The Holy Kale way.

Order here on Amazon or here on Barnes and Noble!

Kidney cleanse book

This book is the culmination of years of research, experience and practice in the holistic health field, and is intended to be the first step in revitalizing your health. The reason I wrote this book is because I believe that the kidney is at the root of so many health issues, and can dramatically change ones life, regardless of the condition. In my own personal experience, cleansing and strengthening the kidney brought energy back to my life, and was an impetus in transforming my physical appearance (thickening of hair as well as hair re-growth, stronger nails, brighter skin), and bringing my hormones back into balance. Through all my work in eastern medicine, specifically Chinese medicine, the kidney proved to be at the foundation of health, and most oftentimes the missing link in our path to wellness. Therefore in my quest to help people live the healthiest life possible, I knew I had to start with the kidney.

hair growth and kidneys

Photo Credit: Hannah Morgan

The Miracle Kidney Cleanse book is here to not only be seen as a guide for those who are dealing with acute kidney disorders, but rather a first stop in your journey towards outrageous health and vitality. In a world where chronic disease, nagging symptoms and less than optimal body functioning is pervasive, I dare to suggest that the kidneys and their lack of attention is a grossly under recognized culprit. Therefore, the purpose of this book is to bridge that gap and create a foundation from which any person can build a blueprint for long lasting health. Because this body was not engineered to just get by, but rather to excel and perform at levels far beyond what we are functioning at today.

The great part about committing to this program is that it will not only target the root of your health issues and symptoms, but it is going to help you make drastic changes in the way you feel and live. This cleanse has not been developed to merely get rid of your symptoms temporarily, but to actually foster a real change at your core. It will provide you with all the tools that you need to get you out of that viscous cycle of quick fixes and chronic ailments and into a space where you are building a platform for radiant health, because we all need a good kick in the butt to get us motivated and out of our comfort zone and into a proactive posture.

signs to kidney cleanse

Photo Credit: Matthew Wiebe

What you will learn and gain from the Miracle Kidney Cleanse:

• How to understand the role of the kidney from both eastern and western medicine
  • The role of the kidney in disease states, chronic conditions and symptoms
  • Lesser known causes of kidney conditions
  • How to use fresh-pressed juice and foods to cleanse and revitalize the kidney
  • Targeted supplements to improve kidney and full-body health
  • How to improve digestive and adrenal health in order to support kidney function and cleansing
  • Which specific lifestyle practices including yoga and stretching is needed for kidney health
  • Recipes and shopping lists for foods to improve kidney and whole body health
  • What foods damage the kidney
  • Ways to navigate the emotional component of cleansing and achieving health
  • How an elimination diet can support the kidney cleansing process
  • Which websites, cookbooks, movies and books can help you to understand nutrition and the kidney

The book offers step-by-step guidance on how to cleanse the kidney both through the use of juicing, foods and supplements, and offers adjunct programs to support specific kidney conditions including kidney disease and kidney stones. The best part is that it also contains essential information that will help you to change your entire life, so that this cleanse is not a quick fix, but rather the start of a whole new you, and a whole new way of living your life. Rich in supportive material including plant-based, gluten-free, vegan recipes, educational resources (websites, books, documentaries), cookbooks and tools for addressing the emotional aspects of health, the Miracle Kidney Cleanse book is so much more than a cleansing book for the kidneys, it is a health and wellness lifestyle book.

kidney cleanse diet

Photo Credit: Artur Rutkowski

If you are not convinced yet that you need to start my kidney cleanse, here is a list of common signs of kidney deficiency, or a toxic kidney. If you have any of the signs mentioned below, then starting my 30-day kidney cleanse is going to be right for you. In addition, if you happen to be performing any juice cleanse, liver/gallbladder cleanse, intestinal cleanse, candida cleanse or even heavy metal cleanse, then performing my kidney cleanse is going to be especially important as well. I would suggest doing the kidney cleanse prior to any of the cleanses mentioned to not only improve the efficacy of your cleanses, but to protect the kidney from any damage done by the cleanses themselves (for example, a heavy metal cleanse can be very damaging to the kidney). Finally, another way in which to utilize my kidney cleanse, is in preparation for pregnancy. By strengthening the kidneys, you not only can increase your fertility, but you will also cleanse the body of unwanted toxins that may be harmful to your child.

• Loss of hearing or ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
• Dark brown or black circles and/or puffiness under the eyes
• Lack of power and drive
• Poor bone health
• Slow lymphatic flow
• Conditions of the bone marrow
• Social anxiety, ADD, ADHD
• Low sex drive
• Infertility
• Thin skin
• Weak nails
• Foggy head
• Low back pain
• Low energy
• Edema, excess water weight
• Terrible balance, clumsiness
• Feelings of fear
• Poor physical development
• Bladder issues/stones
• Chronic urinary tract infections
• Thinning hair and/or early onset of grey/white hair
• Menstrual complications
• Kidney stones and/or kidney disease

Okay, ready to do my 30-day miracle kidney cleanse!? Don’t worry, it is quite easy and simple to follow. Plus, with me by your side guiding you along your way, there will be nothing preventing you from being successful!

Did I mention that a huge portion of the cleanse is focused on eating tasty foods such as black cherry chia pudding, almond fig smoothies and tahini, goji berry kale salad? Yes, of course, this is about having fun too!

Order your copy of the Miracle Kidney Cleanse to get started!

♥ THK

• Reply Katie January 27, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Most excellent. Just ordered my copy. We have missed you, but so glad to see the result of your absence! I am excited to read it. Thanks.

Reply Lauren aka The Holy Kale January 29, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Thank you Katie!!! I will look forward to your feedback 🙂

• Reply Koko @ Koko Likes January 28, 2014 at 3:07 am

SO PROUD OF YOU!

• Reply Juli Keene, CN January 28, 2014 at 8:44 am

So happy for you Lauren!! Can’t wait to read it. Buying it from amazon tonite or tomorrow. Congrats!! I knew you would do GREAT things!!

Reply Lauren aka The Holy Kale January 29, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Thank you for getting me off to the right start!

• Reply Stancie January 30, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Hey Lauren! I’m SO excited for you and about your new book. This looks amazing and I can’t wait to get my hands on it. I suffer from tinnitus and that’s the first symptom on your list! I haven’t been able to get rid myself of it for a couple years. Very annoying. Looking for an alternative/natural approach as doctors told me they found nothing and I would just have to get used to it :/ I didn’t like that answer. I’m on Day 11 of a detox right now but will definitely look into yours. So happy for you ~ congrats! xo

Reply Lauren aka The Holy Kale February 4, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Don’t you just LOVE that answer… get used to it! After you finish your cleanse, I would also look into getting a blood test and hair analysis done for heavy metal toxicity. This sometimes can be at the root of tinnitus as heavy metals easily damage the kidneys.

• Reply Stancie February 5, 2014 at 4:54 am

Thanks Lauren! I’ll look into having those tests done. Interesting about a link with the kidneys.

• Reply sohbet February 18, 2014 at 7:07 pm

İşte mucize buna denir?

Reply Lauren aka The Holy Kale February 23, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Can you translate to english?

• Reply Kini February 19, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Def ordering the book! Do you reccommend doing the easy intestinal cleanse first before the kidney cleanse? Also how often do you do the Easy intestinal, kidney, & liver cleanse?

Kini

Reply Lauren aka The Holy Kale February 23, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Hi Kini, if you are having a bowel movement everyday, then do the kidney cleanse first. If you are not, then do the intestinal cleanse first. In my book, it has an entire section that guides you through the frequencies of the cleanses. I look forward to hearing how it goes!

• Reply Kini March 9, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Thank you!

• Reply Teresa March 13, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Please sign me up for the newsletter

Reply Lauren aka The Holy Kale March 22, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Absolutely. Just confirm through the email that is sent to you.

• Reply K March 14, 2014 at 2:27 am

Hi there! I just wanted to let you know that I love your book and I’m on week 2 of the cleanse. I feel great and enjoy all of your recipes. Still trying to get the hang of the castor oil packs, but hoping that within 2 more weeks time I’ll have less bloating and frequent urination. I would have never considered a kidney cleanse until I found your blog 🙂

Reply Lauren aka The Holy Kale March 22, 2014 at 1:40 pm

That is so wonderful to hear! Thank you so much for sharing with me. The castor oil packs can be a bit hard to figure out at first run, but once you get the hang of it they are the best! What part are you having trouble with?

• Reply Featured Friend: Lauran Felts – The Holy Kale | Raw Blend July 31, 2014 at 2:49 am

[…] weeks Featured Friend is a certified nutritionist, published author of ‘The Miracle Kidney Cleanse,’ nutrition editor at The Chalkboard Mag, and owner of the popular health and wellness […]

• Reply Stormy September 22, 2014 at 4:04 am

My roommate has second stage kidney disease and I stopped taking birth control a few months ago and am trying to get my hormones balanced (which is proving quite hard). I was wondering, do you think the 31 day Miracle Cleanse would be a good start for both of us? And then I can continue on with the hormone balancing diet afterwards? (I basically did it for three months in the summer (your diet is quite similar to what my naturopath told me to do) but have fallen off the wagon. We want to do something together so we can motivate each other! Or should I just stick with the hormone balancing diet? I haven’t purchased your book yet so I’m not sure how similar the miracle cleanse is to the hormone diet.

Thanks 🙂

-Stormy

• Reply Tara November 17, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Just ordered my copy! I soooo wish I’d have come across your info. years ago, before doing Frequent Dose Chelation (Andy Cutler protocol for mercury)… In the first 9 weeks of chelation, I filled up with 30 pounds of fluid, and it has remained for the past 2 years as I’ve been desperately trying to figure this all out. I feel like a human water balloon, my legs especially feel like water filled skin! I am very sick, and just now trying, more aggressively, to focus on my kidneys (finally realizing it to be the root of root of the dramatic water build-up). I have a hard time with herbs, but tolerated RenaVen in the past, so will try working my way up with capsules. I’m also taking Hydrangea, and fresh squeezed lemon juice. And 8+ glasses of filtered water a day. I am eager to get your book, to see what else I can be doing, and even more eager to have this fluid out of me, once and for all! Thanks again for being a beacon of light in the under-recognized and necessary world of kidney detox! May God continue to bless you and inspire you as you share your gift in helping others to heal!

Reply Lauren aka The Holy Kale November 21, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Thank you so much Tara! There is so much that you can do to improve your situation, and I have faith that you will get there. Stay dedicated!

• Reply Amy October 12, 2016 at 1:49 pm

I was just diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma and my right kidney had to be removed. Is this cleanse safe for only one functional kidney? I also have two stones in my kidney.

Thanks.
    Amy

Reply Lauren The Holy Kale October 13, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Hi Amy, the kidney cleanse book has many diet and lifestyle modifications that should help. It also has alternative therapies and practices that also could be incorporated to improve overall kidney health. As for the cleanse program, I would discuss this with your doctor. Since you case is so sensitive, it must be approved by your physician. I do think you will find many facets of the cleanse that will be helpful to you. Best of luck!